FCMB Agribusiness team has supported various agricultural and its value chain businesses while structuring trade and commodities. This has made us a Bank of choice for Agric value chain customers for promoting and financing their business and offering advisory services.
We support various players in the agriculture space Agric such as;
- Input Providers: Fertilizer, agro-chemicals, animal feed manufacturers and suppliers, seed providers, farm equipment manufacturers, suppliers or service providers.
- Farmers: Small holder to large scale farmers producing annual crops, plantations and livestock such as poultry, cattle, goats, rams, pigs and fisheries.
- Agro Dealers: Buyers and aggregators of farm produce, traders of farm produce and livestock.
- Agro Processors: Processors of farm grains e.g. tender millers, Oil Palm processors, soya bean processors, Cassava, rice, Sesame seeds processing, livestock processing and packaging.
- Industrial Manufacturers
- Local Commodity Traders and Exporters.
We have a robust engagement with the below government financial institutions in making various government intervention funds at single digit rate available to support the above-mentioned Agric value chains.
- CBN - Central Bank of Nigeria
- BOA - Bank of Agriculture
- BOI - Bank of Industry
- DBN - Development bank of Nigeria
- NEXIM - Nigerian Export – Import Bank
- NIRSAL - Nigeria Incentive-based Risk Sharing System for Agric Lending
We also have Agro-Commodity Trade Finance which is targeted at the agro-commodity merchants who supply grains and cash crops such as rice, maize, sorghum, soybean, wheat, ginger, cocoa, sesame, cashew, etc. to urban wholesalers, exporters and major processing/manufacturing companies in Nigeria.
We held and supported several events in 2018 and 2019 as stated below
2018 Agritech Startup Investor - Wennovation Hub in partnership with FCMB announced the 2018 AgriTech Incubation Program and called ideas in Agri-finance/insurance, procurement and supply chain management, and other Agri-ICT areas. After an intense two-week review process, we selected 10 startups out of 198 total applications from across all 6 Geo-political zones for the incubation program. The Wennovation Hub incubation program is set to help early stage entrepreneurs validate their ideas/markets, build sustainable business models and attract follow-on investments through a combination of peer-learning, mentorship and seed capital.
Tractor Programme - The tractor programme is in collaboration with Tractor Owners & Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN), Traxi Nigeria Limited, Tractor Owners and Operators Association of Nigeria (TOOAN), Tractor Vendors (John Deer, Tak Tractors, Niji Tractors etc.) and Propcom Mar-Karfi. So far, over 500 tractors have been financed under a Lease Finance Scheme and distributed to selected and trained members of TOHFAN and TOOAN.
We also run Agency Banking Scheme Model which provide financial services to farmers especially in remote communities or areas far from the locations where branches of banks are situated. This improves financial inclusion and makes it easy to administer subsidy schemes or any other initiatives that require the use of bank accounts.
FCMB Easy Account -This is an account that uses a customer’s phone number apart from the first zero as his or her account number.