The Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) of GIZ through the Nigerian Finance Training Programme is offering scholarships for a 7-week training on Solar Energy and Energy Efficiency, starting 10 August, 2020. It is a valuable opportunity for employees of Nigerian financial institutions, companies working in the sector of renewable energy or energy efficiency and policy makers from Nigerian ministries and energy agencies to build their capacity in economic and financial aspects on renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE).
What is this training about?
The training provides specific finance and economic skills to Nigerian stakeholders from the public, private and finance sector. In a mixture of online training, live webinars, and face-to-face training you will be learning how to
- develop - for financing institutions,
- access - for private developers, or
- facilitate - for Government stakeholders
financing schemes and de-risking mechanisms for RE and EE investments. The training programme is especially focused on energy efficiency and solar technologies. For details on training content and a comprehensive course overview you may consult the programme brochure.
- Do you have to or wish to be able evaluate RE or EE project-related credit requests?
- Do your clients want to reduce energy costs, secure electricity supply, or get rid of diesel-gensets?
- Do you seek to establish a climate finance unit within your agency?
- Do you need to develop the proper regulatory environment for EE/RE financing schemes?
- Do you want to know how to access international and regional climate funds?
Get more in-depth information about the training programme on the website Nigerian Finance Training Programme. And apply until 19th July, 2020 for a scholarship of this high-quality blended learning programme.
Successful applicants will be granted a free scholarship by the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) for participation in the RENAC training.
The trainings are organised by the Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) II, a technical assistance programme co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in collaboration with the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Power (FMP). The trainings are developed and conducted by the Renewables Academy (RENAC) with the support of Castalia.