Wearing of face coverings in public places where social distancing are difficult have become mandatory in most countries to help reduce the spread of coronavirus as your mask will protect others, while other people’s masks will protect you.
With scarcity and escalating prices of surgical masks worldwide, cloth face masks are recommended as alternatives and are easy to make at home with little or no cost.
Asides being easy to make, a major characteristics of the cloth face mask is that they are reusable Therefore it is very important to keep the cloth face mask in good condition to avoid causing harm to your health.
Here are useful tips to help keep your cloth face mask in good condition;
- Wash your face mask with soap and water after each use.
- Keep at least 2 face mask. This way, you will have a fresh mask if one is in the wash.
- You might consider using a non-scented laundry detergent if you are sensitive to perfumes, so it is easier to wear the masks.
- Avoid sharing face mask even with family member by ensuring everyone has their own face mask.
- Do not wear dampened face mask. Only wear dry ones.
- Store clean masks in a clean place when you are not using them.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after taking off your face mask.